- Highschool Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Two years of previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine, Beer, and Food service
- Be the legal age to serve alcohol
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with guests and coworkers
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to walk, and stand, 6-8 hours per day, and may have exposure to basic cleaning supply chemicals.
- The team member is occasionally required to climb and use balance. Additionally, they will frequently be asked to use their hands and arms to reach, carry, pull, and lift up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member will experience temperature fluctuations (heat, humidity), and moderate to high noise levels.