- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Comprehend and follow recipes.
- Expand/condense recipes.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Previously worked with all products and ingredients involved.
- Artistic talent.
- Exert physical effort in transporting (50 pounds)
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain in stationary position for 4 to 6 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Experience, Education, & Licensure:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Cook at a quality style Hotel or Restaurant.
- Food handling certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
Base Pay Start Rate: $22/Hr
We offer a competitive benefit package for full-time, regular team members that includes: group medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and an employee assistance program. We also offer paid time off/sick time and are proud to offer participation in a 401(k) plan with a company match!